Thursday, December 08, 2005

1st prose/poem block

In the airless corridor (a closet or mirror), I occasionally ask for you. The clock is a black-piped constancy there whose numbers float as soap shavings on a lagoon, sudden, unmeasured, reaching up to your ankles. Sometimes to a sensation, a point. You lower your head & smell its mixture of impartial fragrances, intervening spices, a languid (languishing?) cinnamon. The 12, furthest apogee-- four pasts, a penumbra. My footprints are documents that vanish. And I don't remember walking my glances over you. But I am fairly certain it happened. Response did not transfigure the pulsation of either tongue, as beginnings are ambiguous, a pastiche, hazy, dream-rich.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Glassman said...

wasn't sure if I should do one, then you do one, or how you wanted to work it . . . I like this one though! It doesn't "try" too hard, a trap I fall into a lot.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm torn because I really like this piece as it is. . .feel like to take stuff away will deplete it. I think we should include this as a whole in the book as well as my "revision" of it (which I still have to write) -- this in itself is s sort of statement of our project.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home