Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Cunningly you

maul space, satiety, theotropic
encounters, nonplussed, the chapbook Minerva
creeping clique, to get you
to you, one s or two
"while" doesn't think for itself

cavitates, brass bearings, teeth
fuck, whether we'll make it, happening now
with -ing
or later behind your smeared casing

purse on the bureau
wishing to hang it on you
principles
possibly reaching pantoum-
like smiles, density, -ies

fork, fork over
how many prongs? how many
deluges spear us
while sleeping?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A great poem about language- I like the semi-violent approach, though it ends quietly (is this your intention?). I like especially "happening now/ with -ing". I'm not sure about "Primate, primal"- I already get the sense of these words without you having to say them . . .and I like the idea of ending that stanza with "or later behind your smeared casing" right into the purse line. Just a thought.

I hope you're feeling better today. This is good stuff.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Scott Glassman said...

Thanks. Yeah, I'm feeling a little better. . . I'm going swimming this afternoon which will be nice. I could live without primate, primal, or more without primal. I'll try it like that.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home