Friday, October 14, 2005

interweave 3

Glance of body in
oxides windfall

peripheral haze zenith
swabbing you blind

like living room
crosstype catacomb

feasts I am splintering
you in tow paperveined

in the most common
shrug lead me wet-

ways starting from
ash beige clover

fingertips moving
morningsilent lead

to yours alternation
a scythe cowled by

knee and navel under
coral carapace censuring

your breath somehow
we travel mirrors

swim the horizon
brittle morpheme

shifts becomes
euphoric taut

something like a window
accumulating you in breeze

but made of grass
wisteria coarse seedlings

commas give way letting
emptiness this found

light shutter close
more funnel now than eye

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Glassman said...

I took the punctuation out because i love the uninterrupted flow . . . not sure about the couplet form I put it in, maybe some re-shaping is needed, playing with line length-- so it contrasts, keeps the reader's eye off-balance. Don't know, but the woven textures of our language and voices and sensitivities in this feels strong.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure about the couplets either-- they seem almost too neat and tidy for the energy in this poem. I'm compelled to want to splay it all across the page like a splatter, but don't know if that's too obvious either. What about five line stanzas or something like that? I'll give it a try and you let me know what you think. . .

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home