Monday, September 05, 2005

A revision

Per a great comment by Lorna on my other blog, a revision:

spear atmosphere

I dare to say (as the approaching comet
dares) that you have given
sound a spine brought

me given me
into stitches of hair
dust wool clay is red

your tongue is red
clay in a river bed awake
and speak clouding

over the black thread
lifts my eyelids
pupils and saturn

unlike any moon we carve
ecstasy out of lime
seeds small yellow

breath-puff a crystal
city on your breastplate
begin again

as the rain comes this perfection
and synapse a spitting
wind in a slew

of lightning bolts mistaken
for flashbulbs pop smoke
blue spots with trails
among planets

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Glassman said...

The rearrangement is quite breathtaking. It's got an intensity that doesn't let up. My only question would be about the splitting of the last part into couplets . . . maybe keep them together?

9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I quite like that idea. Thank you, sir scott :)

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home