Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Words, gardens

How does a city grease its windows (stares) if across a continent we assume dual weathers?

Where does song instigate childhood, and should the means be difficult, would you spill after, into it?

Are crosswinds from the mouth of a crowned katydid, she, you-- pacing in peril, horizoning a sea?

The rink of sky is pumice. How many rings have you forged from it, how long have you worn them?

Did you in Portland submerge, and by what pretext, under finish-line tears, ancestral as his (our) bottoming voice?

Albumen, sulfur, peonies, peonies, why does it echo, bleach us to crystal?

I climb some dissected place where stones are entrances, how, how do you approach silence after these plates, skin-wells, ivories crumble?

If lines in your hand trace trajectories, do they turn liquid in foglight (run parallel to an elsewhere)?

Were we to condense, jar loose, the octagonal and continguous dew, what prayer might you make from the phoenix's name?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Scott- these are beautiful questions- even just by themselves. I'm almost afraid to answer them, afraid I cannot parallell their beauty with my answers. I suppose this is part of the project, this fear. I'm sure it will find its way into my answers. . .I'll work on it today- should be able to post by this afternoon.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home